Saturday, August 14, 2010

Our Shining Star is 9!


Dear Robyn,

As you can see from this picture, you are now into trying out some of your own hairstyles. You've always seemed so mature, and yet I can't believe you're 9!

I was really touched by your awareness of others when we were waiting in the lab at the doctor's office. You were deeply engrossed in the movie playing (or so I thought) when a mother with a new baby and 3 other kids entered the room. The 2 oldest children sat down first. The toddler wanted her own chair next to the mom, but there weren't enough empty ones in a row for everyone. I thought for sure that the college girl sitting by you would get up and offer her seat, but she remained oblivious. You hopped up and offered your chair before I even had to suggest it. That made me so proud!

Just last week when I was teaching Primary, I asked if anyone could tell a certain Bible story. You shared details I didn't know about Jewish customs. I was so impressed!

You continue to have an amazing memory and an unquenchable thirst for books. Some of our favorite memories are Mother Daughter book club at the library together.

I'm so glad you're my daughter, and a big sister to Carly and Macy. Thanks for being a good example to them and for being their friend. They look up to you. They were SO excited to pick out B-day surprises for you.

I love you and look forward to another year with you.

love, Mom :)

2 comments:

The Robins Nest said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROBYN!! LOVE YOU TONS!

Ann said...

She is a wonderful girl. When we hang out, I'm always hoping your girls can rub off on mine.