Friday, May 6, 2011

5th Happy Birthday, Macy! Letter

Dear Macy,

When you first came into this world, you gave me a bit of a scare. Luckily, you ended up being "the healthiest baby in the NICU." Every day with you since has been a gift.

You continue to be our early bird, always ready to snuggle or play a game bright and early.

You continue to be a leader and kind to others, of all ages. More than once, I've said, "Let's go! Get your shoes on! It's time to go!" Only to find you making a card for the person we're going to visit.

You've recently learned how to read, to swing on the rope @ Edyn's all by yourself, and are now brave enough to ride your two-wheeler standing up. You're also having fun learning German. I enjoy listening to you sing, "Ich bin ein Kind von Gott."

You love your friends and you love your sisters. You're still your Daddy's Girl. I enjoy having your help in the kitchen.

You make me laugh. You remind me to have fun and that life is good, very, very good.

Happy Birthday, to my sunshine!

love, Mom

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I still cannot believe she is 5...I remember when she was brought to our NICU...her sweet grandma kept a vigil at her bedside to watch over her. She has grown-up to quite the young lady!

Melissa B. said...

The cutest thing ever. I didn't believe Katie when she said Macy had dark dark hair as a newborn. Crazy. I've seen that Purdue sweatshirt before:) Happy Birthday Mac, we love you and will miss you all terribly.

Anonymous said...

My favorite picture is the smiling one of Macy I still have on my fridge!
Love,
Gram