Friday, February 17, 2012

Different but Good

The schools don't celebrate Valentine's Day here, but we still celebrated it as a family and had fun sharing it with some friends and neighbors. A great friend stocked us up with the supplies for this cute and easy craft, a bouquet of hearts. Once we starting sharing them, the girls didn't want to stop. Myles made us heart crepes for breakfast and surprised the girls with heart-shaped sandwiches for school.

Our Creative Carly went all out this year with a homemade surprise for each of us. A Learn to Write in English book for Macy, including brushstroke orders/directions.

"hi! hi Macy! here is a Book for you! you! you! to Practice.  P.S. I love you!  Love, your, sister, Carly, P.P.S. have! fun! Macy"


A stylin' barrette for Robyn Girl.

A sucker flower for me.


And, a marble run for Myles. She found herself a how-to video on the Internet, watched it, and made it.



This is who I found when I picked up Macy from kindergarten! Apparantly, when I signed a permission slip for the "Make-up Corner," I was giving other kids (not parents or teachers) permission to do as they pleased. As you can tell, she was well pleased. Just not so much during the scrubbing time. This is the beginning of Fasching (Carnival). More to come!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

no photos came through :(

Kristin said...

I can't believe how creative that little girl is. She is amazing!!!!

Shapiro said...

You guys are all so thoughtful and creative! I'm not surprised at how fast you are picking up the German too - and I can't believe how fast the time goes! We love and miss you guys!
Let us know if there is anything you're missing from the states and we'll see if we can send something over! :)