Saturday, April 28, 2012

Mom's Visit

I like this picture of my mom and I.  I think we look like little elves with our hats, trying to stay warm during Spring break.  Not only was this my mom's first trip to Germany, but also her first time in Europe.  Who would've ever thought we'd be giving her her first tour here?!  It was fun to show her how and where we live, the girls' schools, how we grocery shop, local castles, etc.  We even got to explore France with her for the first time for all of us.

We decided to take her to our favorite park on the one day with the best weather.  We thought these pelicans were pretty fun.
I think this pic. captures the true sense of a break--just kicking back.  Besides this boat ride, at this huge park, we also enjoyed fresh waffles, Chinese gardens, trampoline jumping, zip line riding...

This is the famous Gummi Bear mascot here.  I love Macy's expression.


You know that saying, "like a kid in a candy store?"  Well, this is "like Gram in a European bakery!"  So many bakeries, so little time.  We did get to try a lot of new, yummy things.  We'd each choose one thing and then share.

Stay tuned.  More to come!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do love sweets and the ones in Paris were delicious!
Gram

Anonymous said...

I also had a LOT of fun going on the zip line and jumping on the trampoline.
Gram