Tuesday, January 29, 2013

In the News

Robyn has always enjoyed choir, and it's fun that she could be in her school choir here, especially with such a nice director.  When we first came, Myles thought it would be a fun way for her to learn some German.  We haven't heard a German song yet.  So far, English, African, French...  She got to sing the solo like this boy in this French song here to celebrate the 50-year friendship between Germany and France at her school with exchange students from France.  It was beautiful!  My only regret was that I didn't have our camera to video it or at least take a pic.  Then, a couple days later, our neighbors brought over this  newspaper, and I had a pic!  Myles thinks it's funny that they chose the only American to sing the French-German friendship solo.

Since then, we got to drive along the French German border when we picked up my bro, Mike, from the Basel, Switzerland airport.  We got to stay in a hotel in Germany overlooking Switzerland and France. Pics. to come.


1 comment:

The Robins Nest said...

Another family member in the news. Tom and Mike will be so proud. I'm glad my nieces are so awesome! :)