Saturday, September 14, 2013

Ivy's Blessing Day

I am a child of God
and He has sent me here
Has given me an earthly home
with parents kind and dear
Lead me, guide me, walk beside me,
help me find the way
Teach me all that I must do
to live with Him someday


Ivy was happy or sleeping the whole time.  She is such a joy and we are so blessed to have her in our family!

All the girls

The proud Daddy who blessed her, along with some other members of our German congregation who also hold the priesthood--the authority to act in God's name, the same power Christ used when He was on the earth to bless the little children one by one.

Proud sister #1

Proud sister #2
 

Proud sister #3

We are grateful for our friend who took pictures for us and for all of our friends who came and supported us, especially nice while we're so far away from family.

The day of her blessing, it was too hot to wear the hat, but here is the whole outfit, which a friend used for her baby here about 20 years ago.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful experience. Thanks for sharing.
Love,
Gram

Susan P. Lloyd said...

Oh, my goodness, Christie I love your blog and those gorgeous pictures! And Ivy's hair is totally AWESOME!! She will have beautiful hair like you! Thank you for your example to all of us. Love you.

Melissa B. said...

Love, love, love the first pictures of you and Ivy. So precious.