Monday, December 7, 2009

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!


We were so excited to wake up to a world of white. It finally feels like December!

Robyn was so cute about volunteering to shovel while waiting for her ride to school. Later, Carly did the same. We had a blast sliding down the snow-covered slides in our slippery snow pants at the park!

Macy (while licking the snow): I like snow. It's good for our bodies.

Carly (singing): Shoveling the snow is fun to do, fun to do to do to do, shoveling the snow is fun to do to do to do to do!

Carly (after getting ALL bundled up for school): I have to go to the bathroom!
This reminds me of my mom telling me how when I got the perfect attendance award for preshool, she thought it should've gone to her instead of me. She'd get me and my twin brothers all bundled up in our snowsuits and buckled into the car when one of them would have to go to the bathroom, every time!

I think the cold weather puts me more in the mood for baking. Macy helped me make bread. When I explained to her what yeast does, she said, "That's so cool!" Then, we read "Where Does Bread Come From?" in Richard Scarry's book "What Do People Do All Day?" Able Baker Charlie uses a little too much yeast.

No comments: