Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Gift of Glitter

When I took Carly shopping for arts and crafts supplies for her B-day, even she would not allow me to buy the glitter she wanted.  It came in a little container and cost about $11!

She wanted it to make some of her Christmas presents.  Myles looked at some stores, but couldn't find any.  He asked about it at work, and they didn't even know the name for it, so it seemed like a specialty item.

I had just about given up (and run out of time) when I went into our little local store that sells newspapers and school supplies.  I couldn't find any glitter, but spotted a card decorated with some, so I took it up to the cashier and asked if they had any for my daughter who wanted to make some Christmas crafts.

No, None.

But, then, she disappeared into the back room and came back with a tub full of what appeared to be her own personal supplies--glue, scissors, and one jar of red glitter.  This quantity was much greater than the amount we'd seen at the other store, so I was worried about how much she'd want to charge me.

To my amazement, she placed it on the counter and said, "For you, a Christmas gift."

2 comments:

A Roper said...

That is so awesome!!!!

scrumdiddillyumptious said...

what a wonderful gift! I love it that you are truly being blessed even in little ways. I hope you all enjoy this holiday season with each other. Love you all, Bethany