Friday, June 21, 2013

6 Weeks


This post's for you, Melissa.  Ivy thought her new headband was so cute, she couldn't help but smile!
Carly and I thought it was pretty funny the other day when a nurse drawing my blood called Ivy a cute, little man (in German).  Luckily, Carly was polite enough to wait until we were outside of the doctor's office to say, "Was she blind, or what?  She was wearing a onesie with pink and white flowers on it!"  So, hopefully now with her stylin' headbands, there will be no more confusion.

Yesterday was my first day back to help with English time in Macy's class since Ivy was born.  (The grandmas were nice to cover for me while they were here).  Anyway, when it was time to leave, Ivy was sound asleep, the breakfast dishes were still in the sink, and I hadn't made it into the shower yet.  With a bit of a sigh, I grabbed Ivy and dashed out anyway. 
When I peeked into the door of Macy's classroom, I could see that her teacher was reading a chapter book to the kids.  The moment she saw that it was me with Ivy in the stroller, she put her book down and started talking to the kids in a soft voice.  A complete reverence came over the room as she let them come up a few at a time.  It was completely silent the whole time as they bent over her, smiled at her, admired her.  It would've been neat to have had a video of it, but even trying to do that would've ruined the moment.
So, alas, it was more than worth it.  And, many thanks to a husband who helped pick up the slack when he got home.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Robins Nest said...

Ivy is so beautiful! I just want to kiss that sweet face!!

Sherry said...

How wonderful. Ivy looks SO cute!
Love
Mom