Friday, December 13, 2013

Christmas Italian Style


My good friend from Italy brought over 2 huge traditional Italian cakes for us-one with powdered sugar and one with raisins and dried oranges.  She has been patient with my German and so kind about helping us out ever since we got here.  It was so "sweet" of her to bring an Italian Christmas party to me so Ivy wouldn't have to wake up from her nap early or go out in the cold.
The cookies in front are from a German neighbor.  Cookie baking is not something they do for Christmas in Italy, my friend told me.  I should have asked more about what they do, besides eat yummy cake! 

Especially during this busy season, time with friends and family is one of the best gifts of all.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

How thoughtful! I'm surprised they don't make Christmas cookies in Italy.
Mom