Thursday, August 27, 2009

My Sunshine


"I got to see Daddy (before he left for work) because I was the first sunshine up!"

This girl really is a sunshine! (And, she is usually up before the sun shines)! She tells all of us she loves us more than a thousand times a day. (In fact, just last night in the middle of dinner, she called me into the bathroom. I figured she needed help. She just looked up at me sweetly and said, "I love you, Mom.")

I'm looking forward to the little bit of extra one-on-one time we'll have to spend together now that school is in full swing for the other girls.

This is a girl who warms my heart, expands my patience, and cracks me up! Today at lunch, she made an original sandwich by wrapping up a banana in a slice of bread and eating it like a hot dog.

Here's some of her latest questions, observations, and exclamations:

(On a 104-degree day, totally out of the blue) So, I'm just wondering when Christmas Eve is going to be happenin' for me.

(As the ice-cream man drove by, again) I really want a sundae from that man...Ah, someday. When I grow up and I'm a mom and MY kids ask ME if THEY can have some, I'm gonna say yes!

Me: Wow, you put your clean clothes away without me even asking?! You must be 3!
Macy: Yeah, I really am 3, in real life.

(After hopping up to join me on my bed) That was a great trick! I should've taught you that when YOU were a kid!

(All the time) I love you. I hope you have a good day!

What Macy says: Translation:

Good-Night! I'm done!
heartbeep heartbeat
orgit yogurt
tapatoes potatoes
The End! I'm done!

There was a bird on the wire, but then it flapped away.

Don't let the bunkbeds (bedbugs) bite!

(While reaching from the toilet) The toilet paper is like 3 miles away!

Mommy, how do kittens kiss?

I am not so happy.

I have a good idea, a wonderful good idea!

Robyn: We don't talk about rodents at the table.
Macy: Or rats!

I have an awful good idea!

(Singing) I love my mommy in a special way. She gives me a hug and kiss everyday. My mother and father take me to church when it is Sunday.

I'll pinky promise that I'll go to sleep today.

3 comments:

Britney said...

She is so funny!

Oklahoma Running Mom said...

I love her personality...SO creative and fun!

stacyross said...

These observations are SO funny! That's great you're recording all of them - I bet she'll get a kick out of them when she's older. Your girls are too cute.