Monday, November 2, 2009

Going Bananas!

I don't remember when it all began, but let's just say I hope it's all come to an end.

The week was a blur and yet had many vivid points. I think the domino effect probably started when I rushed in the snow flurries to pick up the kids from school to race Robyn to her race, only to find out that the race was just canceled.

Carly's teacher told me her school pictures were creased.

Myles was already standing (freezing) on a street corner missing work, waiting for me to pick him up on the way to the race.

We were out of milk and bananas, and decided to run into a store on our way home so our whole trip wouldn't be a waste, only to get hit in the parking lot...

Carly tripped over our stroller and fell down the cement steps of our porch on her way to school. I felt bad for her, but sent her on her way, anyway, only to have the secretary call me and ask me if I realized what had happened and that she would put ice on it for me...

My grandma sent me home with food (a lot of food) and I forgot it in the car...

Myles dropped me off with the kids at their school to help out with their Halloween festivities while he ran to the plumbing store to pick up a part, only to find out they were closed.

Carly's kindergarten had a sub the day of their Halloween party. Just imagine what that means.

We were so tired by Friday night that we decided to enjoy a nice, relaxing evening at home.

We rented a movie online, and I volunteered to pick it up while Myles finished up with his plumbing project. As I was leaving, he said, "That Seven-11 isn't in the best part of town, but it's not too late. I guess you'll be OK."

When I pulled into a parking spot, the first thing I saw out of the corner of my eye was a guy with a knife sticking out of his head and blood gushing out.

Oh, yeah, it's Halloween Eve, I remember.

I got out of my car only to discover that the Redbox machine was not working. I dial their 1-800 # on the pay phone and wonder just how long I should stand there on hold until Myles starts wondering what happened to me.

I stand there long enough to see three sets of people walk out with cases of beer and two different people almost get hit by cars pulling into parking spots next to them as they're opening their doors to get out.

I drive home empty handed, not even mad. I start laughing to myself and then out loud just thinking about telling Myles what just happened.

While I'm on hold with Redbox at home, Myles drives to a different location to pick up the movie, and ends up driving to 3 more due to technical difficulties.

It's so late by the time we start the movie that I don't think it was as funny as it should've been. We stay up even later to watch the Deleted Scenes, hoping those will be funnier, but they're not.

Tomorrow is Robyn's race. She really wants to go. I'm not so sure that's such a good idea.

I do have to say that I called about the school pictures and they sent me full-sheet replacements, so I ended up with extra ones, we didn't get hurt in the fender bender, Carly didn't end up with a shiner like I thought she would, my grandma never found out (unless someone reads this and tells her), our leaks are fixed, Myles never complained about anything, and we got 3 free movie codes from Redbox!

PS We never found those bananas we bought.

10 comments:

Jacki said...

WOW! What a day! Sorry for all the headaches... I am glad you're all o'kay and you even have a good attitude about it! someday... maybe... it might be funny... maybe

Heidi said...

What a day!!

You are so good to have such a great attitude! Especially after a day like that! At least you get to watch a few extra movies!!!

Ann said...

I'm surprised you kept going. I would've thrown in the towel for sure. Love your optimism.

Britney said...

Wow. What a day. I'm with Heidi -- at least you had a good attitude.

P.S. I love Redbox

Christie said...

Luckily this didn't happen all in the same day or I really would've lost it, I think!

Steph said...

Yikes! You Watsons are made of some strong stuff-- I wouldn't have made it even half way through that day without ending up hiding under my covers in the fetal position.

When it rains it pours, eh?

Oklahoma Running Mom said...

Sorry! Maybe when you're watching your free movies, you'll be able to forget about the crazy week. :)

A Roper said...

This is an awesome post! Life just goes wrong sometimes, huh? :) I'm glad you can laugh about it. :)

Rob & Michelle Eberly Family said...

Wow . . .that's all I have to say. I guess it's either laugh about it or burst into tears, right?

Shapiro said...

Crazy day! You are such a good writer Christie!