Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Redbox

If you read the story below, you may think that Redbox sounds like a pain in the neck, but that's the first time we ever had any problems with it. (When we did have that problem, they were super apologetic about it and rewarded us with 3 free rentals).

If you're not familiar with it, it's pretty much a vending machine for DVDs and is popping up in more and more locations. We like it because it only costs $1 a night (you choose how many nights you want to keep it) and you can return it at any Redbox location. Once, while we were on a road trip, we rented one in Colorado and then returned it by our house. I also love being able to return a movie without having to get all the kids out of the car, as a lot of the machines are outside.

You can be on an e-mail list to get free rental codes and new release titles. You can reserve movies online and see which movies are at which locations to save yourself a trip if they don't have what you want anyway.

There are no monthly fees.

I think whoever came up with it really had a great idea!

6 comments:

Heidi said...

We love Redbox too. What I love is that there are 3 just blocks from my house! Even better is when you go online to find a movie and which red box it is at and reserve it. That way you only have to swipe your card & out it comes!! It's the best way to get a new release.

Britney said...

I totally agree. We LOVE Redbox. The only thing that would make it better is if I had come up with the idea. Brilliant.

stacyross said...

We love Redbox too! It's the only way we rent movies anymore. I haven't stepped foot in a Blockbuster in years, and I don't miss it a bit. I'm glad they gave you the free rental codes for your trouble - good customer service goes a long way!

Ann said...

With Redbox around, I can't believe there's still Blockbusters and whatnot. I agree, super idea.

Vicky said...

Just sayin hey! We love RedBox too!

Robyn said...

We LOVE LOVE LOVE Redbox! All hail Redbox! Wish I'd thought if it myself... genius!