Sunday, January 24, 2010

Pay it Forward

So, my mom ended up having an extra ticket for a broadway musical she saw for her B-day in Chicago and gave it to a woman waiting in line to buy a ticket. At the end of the show, they asked for donations to the American Red Cross to help Haiti. The woman donated the money she would've spent on her ticket.

Today in church, a man was talking about his anxiety about raising children in a world with so many bad things going on. Carly whispered in my ear, "Why is it hard to raise children in this world? There aren't any bad things...well, except maybe volcanoes." Ahh, the innocence of a six year old. He did go on to say that he felt peace and hope after reading encouraging counsel from our prophet and apostles.

1 comment:

Janell said...

I do love the idea. I didn't appreciate the book, though. I do like having the prompt that there is something new on the blog. Thank you, Myles.