Friday, April 30, 2010

April Blossoms and Blizzards

Carly: Are those blossoms blowing around or is it snowing?

I'm so glad we took this picture when we did. Soon after, the snow came (again). I love Robyn's pure joy in this picture. I love my girls. They make me think. They make me grateful. They teach me things I didn't know I needed to learn. They remind me to laugh and enjoy life.

Macy: Last night, I dreamed about strawberries and chocolate milk. They were both really cheap on sale, so you buyed them.

Macy: When I'M the mom, I'm gonna let MY kids do whatever they want!

Carly (to Macy): You be the girl Indian. The girl Indians stay home and cook and clean the boys' clothes. I get to go out and go hunting.

The girls were waving little American flags out the car windows on the way home from Robyn's soccer game. Carly: I wish if we could be in a parade...because we have an old-fashioned car.

Carly: My back is wrenched and raw.

Macy (as she's eating fruit salad as part of our Easter dinner): I like this better than my grandson!

Macy: Every day, I wish a wish, but it never comes to me.
Me: Really? What do you wish for?
Macy: A doggie or a cat, but they never come to myself. Or, grapes because I don't have any grapes right now. Or, to be in Enoch's family because then I wouldn't have to die to be die and I could go up and live with Jesus!

Macy: I wish we had machines to do things so we could do other things.
Me: Machines to do what?
Macy: Like a clothes machine to clothes us so we could get ready faster. You know, put sunglasses on us, so we could be a movie star...yeah, that's what I might get for Christmas next year.

Macy: Mom, I'll do whatever chores you want so you can lay down, take a rest, read your scriptures, whatever. I don't care. Don't worry. I'll do whatever.

Macy: Mom, I think I love you more than my (new) swimming suit.

Macy: After I find my husband, I want my baby to come into my tummy really soon.

Carly was more excited about the boxes her shoes came in than her new shoes. She played with them for days.

Macy: I think for Dad's Birthday, he should stay home so I can come to the store and buy him a present.
Me: Oh, really? What do you think he would like?
Macy: A hula hoop.

Macy: Mom, you need to put milk on our list. We're almost all drunk!

It was so cute to see how excited Robyn was to see me and Macy at her school at recess after we dropped Carly off at kindergarten. She ran to Macy, screaming her name, lifted her up, and asked her if she wanted to play tag with her and her friends. She also ran up to me and gave me a big hug.

Macy: Oh, my gosh! My family's posh!

Macy: Mom, I saw a a bee and it was blossoming the tree!

Robyn (skipping home from Activity Days, a bimonthly church activity for girls 8-11): I'm lighter than a feather because I'm so happy!

Macy: What happens when an egg says bad words?
Me: I don't know.
Macy: He gets a spanking. What does an egg get when he says, 'raisin'? A silly spankin'!

Robyn: I want the vulture to be our new school mascot.
Me: Really? Vultures eat dead animals.
Robyn: Yeah, but you could say we devour learning...and vultures recycle, anyway.

Macy: Can I play a game on the computer?
Me: I don't know because last time there was fighting.
Macy: We won't fight. Pinky Promise!

Macy: That's a good advertisement.

Macy: Look, he's using crotches! (crutches)

Macy: After we die and we're resurrected, we'll have perfect bodies. Like Mo (my cousin who got hit by a semi) who has to have his leg cut off won't have to have his leg cut off anymore. Nobody will have canes or crunches (crutches) anymore.

Carly: I wish if my dream came true.
Me: Oh, really. What was it?
Carly: That Mrs. Ahlman came back.

Carly: What if someone was allergic to girls? Then, they'd have to go to an all-boys school. But nobody could be allergic to boys because then you'd be allergic to your dad.

Macy's question of the month: How many minutes AND seconds 'til __________?

3 comments:

Rob & Michelle Eberly Family said...

You have 3 pretty hillarious and quite profound little girls. Couldn't stop laughing at the different versions of the word crutches and also the vulture conversation. : )

A Roper said...

OH, how I love little children! Your girls are so precious! Thanks for sharing!

Steph said...

I love these glimpses into your family life. Your girls are wonderful! (and stinking hilarious)