Monday, December 20, 2010

A Good Boy


The day before our anniversary, I was singing along to Christmas songs on the radio when our four year old asked, "Mom, why would you want to dream by the fire?" I explained how maybe when she was older that would be fun to do with her boyfriend. We then got into a discussion about what makes a good boy. According to Miss Macy, "A good boy is a no smoker who does your jobs for you when you're sick." She'd obviously noticed Myles picking up a little extra slack that week when I was under the weather.

I was glad to feel well enough to visit The Mount Timpanogos Temple, the same place where we were married 11 years ago, on a Saturday before Christmas, just like this year. We were extra blessed to unexpectedly meet up with the very man who married us and who we haven't seen since.

My "good boy" helps me have patience when I am all out. He's someone who happily goes Christmas caroling with me (multiple times) and then cleans the dog poop off my boots when we get home without thinking twice. He's a man of faith who doesn't let the world get in his way. He's my best friend. I'm grateful for this year we've been blessed with and look forward to the next one ahead.

No comments: