Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Holiday Baking (Sweet Memories Part 2)

When I was a kid, we used to have a marathon baking day. I don't know how many thousands of snowball cookies I rolled in powdered sugar over the years, but I still remember the time I snuck a heaping tablespoon of cocoa while sitting under the table, only to discover that it wasn't what I thought it would be.

This is one of those things that makes Christmas feel like Christmas to me, so I'm glad Myles and the girls all have fun doing it with me.

This year, we tried something new and made mini Oreos using a frosting bag to squirt out the dough and then filled them with cream cheese frosting. We decided we liked them blonde the best. We did our usual pretzel dipping and homemade caramels. We also tried melting rolos between pretzels, along with mini Reeses and Kisses.

No comments: