Wednesday, December 29, 2010

On the 1st Day of Sickness, my 3 Girls Gave to Me...

A temperature of 103...

On the 12th day of sickness, my 3 girls gave to me...
12 sniffling sneezes
11 loads of laundry
10 fits of crying
9 glands a swelling
8 coughs a hacking
7 sounds of gagging
6 showers running
5 body aches
4 calling "Mom!"s
3 pink eyes
2 stomach aches
and a temperature of 103!

Good thing that on the 12 days of Sickness, my True Love Sent to Me...

Twelve lotion Kleenex
Eleven “I’m so sorry”s
Ten Ibuprofen
Nine dinners ready
Eight vapor rubbings
Seven Saltine crackers
Six silent seconds
Five Tylenol
Four Thermometers
Three Freeze Pops
Two chocolate Doves
And a trip to the pharmacy

The few weeks leading up to Christmas, I felt like things were super hectic, my girls were growing up way too fast, and there just wasn't enough time to spend together. Well, that sure hasn't been the case this week! Time has pretty much come to a screeching halt, and we've had a heck of a lot of "quality" time together. So, be careful what you wish for!

Luckily, we weren't hit with everything until the day after Christmas, and the girls were happy to have new presents to help keep them occupied. I knew they were really sick when they didn't care what color cups or straws they got, and forgot about all remaining Christmas treats.

Macy was cute about making a post-it note that said, "Mom's resting" for my door to remind herself to stop coming in. She also made me a laptop out of paper, complete with places to enter my website, username and password. "It'll show up as stars." She also made an "I love you" paper attached to a rubberband, so I could put it around my finger and remember her in my heart.

Today, we enjoyed watching the falling snow and The Polar Bear Express, as Macy calls it, while eating freeze pops. I'm so grateful that Carly's fever of 105+ (with Tylenol and Ibuprofen) has come down. A good reminder of the power of prayer. I'm also grateful for thoughtful friends and family. After these few days of sickness and a niece with appendicitis on Christmas Eve, we are reminded of what really matters.

We wish you a happy and healthy New Year's to you and yours!

4 comments:

A Roper said...

HOLY COW!!! You guys have had it bad!!!!

I'm so sorry I didn't get in touch with you a few weeks ago. Things were so crazy at my brother-in-law's wedding. I'm sorry we didn't get to hang out!!!

Hope you are all on the mend! :D

Love, Amy

Kam Belly Soup said...

you are so funny. im so sorry your fam is sick. get better soon! loved your christmas card. thanks for thinking of us. also im having another girl! we are just like you guys now.

Rob & Michelle Eberly Family said...

Hope you guys are all back on the mend.

Anonymous said...

Clever use of the 12 Days of Christmas, Christie! Mom