Monday, March 26, 2012

Friends


People here are nice, really nice.  Our neighbors and other people we've met through the girls' schools and our church have all been friendly and helpful.  Despite all this, last week I was feeling lonely as I walked home from school with Macy.  I missed the days when the kids could run up and down our street  to play with friends and I could chat with my friends...in English.  I wished for a friend and to speak English.  A no effort kind of thing.

Well, the girls' favorite thing to do when they get home before we go inside is to check the mailbox.  We couldn't believe our eyes.  After 9 months of waiting, a magazine called The Friend (in English) was there that day just waiting for us.  To top it off, a friend of ours from our old neighborhood had designed the cover!  You can check it out here.


1 comment:

Shapiro said...

What a special gift on a needed day! :)