Friday, March 9, 2012

Say What?!

Myles (at the bus stop):  When people are willing to practice German with us, we should.
Carly:  Why?  They already speak German.

Carly (about a DVD she checked out from her school bookmobile):  Mom, can we just watch this in German?  The English accent is so strong, I can't even understand it!

Macy (pointing to a sign with a picture symbol on the bus):  You know, Mom, that's for people who are letter blind.

Carly:  Night always has a smell to it.  It just smells like night.

Carly (while watching a Faschings song on You Tube):  If all the girls knew the words, then why did they go to that concert?
Me:  That's the fun--to sing along.
Carly:  But, when we go to concerts, we're not allowed to sing along.
Myles:  Yeah, those are different kinds of concerts.  They're usually free.  When people pay that much to go to a concert then they're allowed to sing along.

Carly (after Robyn got invited to a co-ed B-day slumber party):  Why can't we go to sleepovers like that?
Me:  Well, we don't feel like that's appropriate.
Macy:  Yeah, the boys might be really crazy.
Carly:  I think they'd be less crazy if there were girls there.

Macy:  I can't live very well without the so-good milk from The Creamery.

Carly (watching The Chipmunks sing the Portuguese Faschings song on You Tube):  Man, those Chick-munks know every language!

8 comments:

The Robins Nest said...

I can't believe you won't let Robyn go to a co-ed sleepover. So strict! :)
(hope you know I'm kidding)

Steph said...

I miss you guys!!

Anonymous said...

VERY Funny! You should submit them online to Readers Digest.
Gram

Kam Belly Soup said...

dude i seriously can't believe you live in germany. its a trip every time i think about it. you are so good at writing down your kids sayings. whats your secret?

Vicky said...

Carly is a quick one, isn't she? Sounds like a lot of fun!

Harrison Dougal said...

Christie! I blog stalked my way over here and I must say I've thoroughly enjoyed reading! We miss you every time we walk past 200S and 850E. Hope you don't mind if I read every now and then.

Erin Dougal said...

Er.... that last comment was from ERIN Dougal! Didn't realize I was signed in as Harrison!

Katie said...

Love it!! I could hear all your voices in my head when I read those.