Friday, January 2, 2009

Conversations with a Two Year Old, Take 1

(In the bathtub)

Christie: Put your toys away and let the water out, and I'll bring you your towel.
Macy: I can't. My armpits are sore, so I can only crunch over. My field hurts, too.
Christie: Your field? What's a field?
Macy: It's your bottom.
Christie: Mmmm.
Macy: Don't say mmmm.
Christie: What am I supposed to say?
Macy: OK!
Christie: OK.
Macy: Ruff, ruff, ruff, ruff!

Then, she proceeds to pick up her toys with her teeth.


While listening to Tom Chapin's Stone Soup song and hearing the word, "nincompoop," Macy: That's a bad word.
Grammy: No, I poop, and Robyn poops, and you do, too.
Macy: But, you can't say it. You can say pee. Do you want to say pee?
Grammy: No, there's no reason.
Macy: Poop stinks.
Grammy: Yes, mine does.
Macy: Mine doesn't. Mine smells like...bananas.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: