Monday, April 6, 2009

Conference Report by Robyn


Every 6 months, we get to listen to General Conference, a time when our prophet, Apostles, and other leaders speak. They lead us, guide us, and testify of our Savior. They give us counsel and hope. They help us grow closer to Christ and to our families.

As a little girl, I remember driving a long ways to watch Conference via satellite dish. Now, we can watch it at home on TV or the Internet.

The girls enjoyed listening to the talks and the music. I loved that Robyn loved taking notes, like me. I thought she summed things up pretty well...

President Monson: We will be taught and serve the Lord.

Robert D. Hales: Be kind to the widow. Serve others. Satan knows when, what, and how to tempt you. You are a child of God. Pray. The Savior loves you. Remember my words. He stands ready to help us. Each one.

Margaret S. Lifferth: Like Peter we love the Lord. We invite the Spirit to be with us. Respect everybody. You should teach your child about reverence.

Neiler: He is talking about being virtuous. Preisthood leaders must do their homework. He's talking about Elder's Quorums a lot.

Allan F. Packer: Across the world, families are kind of having hard times. But, it's still great to be alive. Listen to the Holy Ghost and its promptings. The Lord knows each of us. May we know the voice.

D. Todd Christofferson: We need Christians to help. Have charity. Be virtuous. Please God. Jesus suffered for us. Let your obedience be exact.

Henry B. Eyring: I pray my words will be helpful. Misfortunes arise. War and famine. Eternal life is a gift. To live forever is eternal life. Try to make right choices.

M. Russell Ballard: Look to your parents and others before you, they have been on the same path. God loves to bless his children. Nourish your testimony, watered with faith.

Quentin L. Cook: Jesus died for us so that we could live again. Happy day. All is well.

Kevin W. Pearson: Dought (doubt) is not a principle of the Gospel.

Rafael Pino: My peace I leave with you. The Lord we follow. Peace be unto thy soul. The wise man built his house upon a rock.

Richard G. Scott: Because I love you, I want to speak to you. Worship as a couple in the temple.

Russell M. Nelson: Hearken to the words of the Lord. Jesus taught us how to pray. Pray always to your Heavenly Father.

(We made earrings during Conference. When Hinckley was alive, he said, "One set of earrings.")

President Uchtdorf: The Gospel is is not a secret. Jesus is the Savior of the world.

Neil L Anderson: I love my family.

Steven Snow: "Grandma," says Michelle on her last morning with her before kindergarten, "It's time I go on with my life."

Barbara Thompson: Your path may be thorny. Serve the Lord and his children. Three year old Brooklyn said, "Please bless the Bishop. His eyes are broken."

President Thomas S. Monson: I express my love for you. "Adam fell that man might be and men are that they might have joy." Jesus is the center of our lives. He is the light of the world.

Dallin H. Oaks: Our faith comes from Jesus. Satan desires to sift us like wheat. Our Savior wants us to follow him.

David A. Bednar: Going to the temple gets you ready for differnt things.

Gary E. Stevenson: You are not lost when you can see the temple. As we touch the temple, the temple touches us.

Jose Teixeira: Our Heavenly Father has a beautiful plan for us. We are not alone.

F. Michael Watson: It was fun to have everybody be temple worthy.

L. Tom Perry: As members of the Church, sometimes we go astray like sheep.

President Monson: I express my thanks for those who watched Conference. May we remember what we heard. May we pray always. I pray for you. Pray for your children. Children, let your parents know you love them. There are pathways that can lead us to Heavenly Father.

You can visit:
General Conference
for the full talks and more info.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh Christie I love this. so tender. So sweet. I love her perspective. Thank you, thank you for sharing this.

Kristin said...

I just got caught up on your life a bit--so, so sorry for all that sickness. Glad things are better over there now!! Love that BRAT diet! And your little Macy is full of darling things to say. Very cute.

Britney said...

She summed things up beautifully!

Heidi said...

We loved conference at our house too. Isn't it so great to have the opportunity to list to conference at home. I remember going to the stake center when I was young and it was hard to concentrate. I think it's easier for the kids when they can wiggle a bit while they listed to the prophet.

Thanks for sharing Robyn's notes!