Friday, April 10, 2009

Mother Earth's Routine



For some reason, this year I've had a harder time with the weather teasing us. One day, it's sunny park weather. The next day, we've got to get out our boots again. Myles is surprised that I'm surprised. "This is Utah. This happens every year," he reminds me.

I wish it could just stay spring for awhile because once it's hot, it's hot!

This all reminds me of one of my favorite children's songs.
Here are a few parts from Mother Earth's Routine by John Forster and Tom Chapin:


Mother Earth's about to change her gown.
She loves to change her seasons.
It's Mother Earth's routine.
Green to brown, brown to white,
White back into green.
She changes seasons and puts on something clean...

You have to change to grow.
You have to change to grow...


It is fun to have different seasons. Carly was super excited to notice that the "popcorn" on our plum tree had popped!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I love all your yoga poses! So fun! ANd I'm with your - -I hate the snow!! And we are supposed to get more on Wednesday. When will it ever end?! Keeps coming to mind.