Monday, June 22, 2009

I Love You More Than Meat Loves Salt



This was my favorite line from Robyn's Father's Day card for Myles. Here he is on Father's Day teaching Robyn a new song on the keyboard and showing Carly how to use her pinky fingers to hold hair while braiding. He's such a good, patient teacher!




I thought it would be fun to ask the girls (independently) some questions about their dad. These were some of my favorites.

What did Dad like to do when he was a kid?
Carly: I wasn't around when he was a kid, so I don't know.

What does he do for his job?
Robyn: He has a PhD.
Carly: He cleans the floors.
Macy: Sometimes, he helps me and gives me a big kiss!

What's his favorite thing to do?
Robyn: He likes to cook.
Carly: With me, reading Josefina. By hisself, he told me he really likes to work in the garden.
Macy: He lets me go outside and then he says, 'It's rest time! And then I run in my bed.'

What's his favorite food?
Robyn: Almond Joys and Reesees.
Carly and Macy: hasbrowns.

Where did Daddy meet me?
Macy: At the temple.

What's his favorite song?
Robyn and Macy: I Am A Child of God

What's his favorite thing to say?
Robyn and Macy: I love you!

What's his favorite place to go?
Robyn: Grandparents' house, home, library, and the store.
Macy: The restronaut (restaurant) and Chucken Cheesing

What does he do at church?
Macy: He's Robyn's teacher and he loves to do his lesson, and he sings.

Where did Daddy live when he was a little boy?
Macy: With Blythe

What's your favorite thing about Daddy?
Macy: I love you, Daddy!

We are blessed to have such a wonderful husband and father in our family! We love you more than meat loves salt!!

6 comments:

Oklahoma Running Mom said...

I wish I could go to Chucken Cheesing! What a great post!

Heidi said...

What a great post! Your girls are very clever girls indeed! I bet Myles loved reading all their responses.

Happy Father's Day!

Kristin said...

That is absolutely darling. So glad you shared that. Your girls are a hoot! Bet he is just one happy man surrounded by such fabulous girls--all 4 of you.

Kara said...

My meat certainly does love salt. That's brilliant. What a great idea to ask them questions about their dad.

Janell said...

I love it that you do this. I just finished tutoring Frankie and came in to the cool house and the computer. What a fun treat to find!

Robyn said...

Cute, cute comments from the girls. Those little things are priceless. I always forget to write them down!