Wednesday, March 31, 2010

March Madness, Craziness, and Everything in Between

Macy: Mom, for my Birthday, I want you to go to the pet store and buy me a new pet like a baby kitty or a baby puppy...You can wrap it up, so it's a surprise!

Carly, as Myles is sewing a hole in her tights right before church: Dad, are you a famous sewer?

Macy: What if a girl married a girl.
Me: That's not the way it's supposed to be.
Macy: In some states, they think that's how it goes.

Carly: I wanna be a famous artist when I grow up.
Macy: You can already be one. You don't have to wait to grow up.

Macy, really early in the AM: Mom, Robyn's already awake reading sweetly on the couch.

Carly: Dad, do you ever go on PBS.Kids at work?
Myles: No.
Carly: Just to check something out?

Carly: I could eat (Brazilian) beans and rice every day. I liked them so much, I could've had fourths, but my tummy said I was full. I try to listen to my tummy, not my tongue. Could I have beans and rice on my birthday? (Her B-day isn't 'til Dec.)

Carly: What if our house was made of candy?

Macy: What if we put Jell-O in all the Easter eggs?

Robyn: What if you were in the Safari and a lion was chasing after you? What would you do? A. freeze B. run away C. hide under a giraffe?
Myles: D. pray
Carly: E. hold your magic pebble and wish you were a rock!

Macy's phrase of the month: really bad (I really bad need candy. I really bad want to help you).

Macy: Oh-lay! That's Spanish for OK.

Macy: Dad is a super great guy! He blowed up my balloon SO big!

Carly: This IS spicy! My tongue is more sensible (sensitive) than your taste bugs!

Robyn: That's from my friend. She moved.
Me: Really? Why?
Robyn: Well, the way they tell the story is that her parents went to jail, so she moved to her uncle's...We didn't even get to say goodbye.

Robyn: What's suicide?
Me: When someone chooses to kill himself. Why?
Robyn: That's the word all the kids are talking about.

Robyn: What does ex mean before a word?
Me: Former. Like, an ex-president means someone who used to be the president.
Robyn: So, ex-wife means someone who used to be your wife?
Me: Yeah.

Macy's commentary on Utah in the spring when she steps out the door: Why does the world keep changing his mind?!

Carly, remembering the Talent Show: Macy really stole the show! I wondered why people were laughing, but then I looked over at Macy, and then I knew why.

3 comments:

A Roper said...

Holy moly! Are Robyn's questions a sign of the times, or what? Some of the things we need to explain to our kids make me so sad. :(

Macy cracks me up, as always. And Carly's attempts to sound grown up (try to listen to my tummy and not my tongue) are so cute! :)

Your girls are adorable!!!

Oklahoma Running Mom said...

It makes me kinda sad that Robyn is learning so many "grown up" things. I guess that's part of...growing up. I just want her to stay innocent forever.

Rob & Michelle Eberly Family said...

I was stunned by the questions Robyn asked you . . .wow! Good thing she has you to answer them for her.