Thursday, March 4, 2010

Sweet Home, Alabama?!

Some children have imaginary friends. Some have imaginary places, I guess. What started out as something funny soon became a bit annoying, and then downright eerie. This is just a small sampling from throughout the entire month of February of Macy's requests about a place I don't know how she's even heard about...

Macy: When are we going to S-O-S-O-S-O-S-O?
Me: I don't know. Where is it?
Macy: In Alabama where there's lots of pink flowers and the band is always playing.

Macy: When are we going to go to Alabama?
Me: I don't know. I don't know anyone who lives there. What do you want to see there?
Macy: All the sunshine.

Macy: I had a bad dream.
Me: Really? What did you dream about?
Macy: I dreamt that I wanted to go to Alabama and we didn't get to go.

Macy: Mom, when are we going to go to All-ah-bama?
Me: I don't know.
Macy: I asked you that like six weeks ago!
Me: It's very far away, and we don't know anyone who lives there. What are we going to do when we get there?
Macy: Feel the sun on our back on the bench.

Macy: Mom, why is it called Allie-bama?
Me: I don't know. We could probably find out.
Macy: Do you it was a girl named Allie and a boy named Bama?

Macy: When are we going to go to Alabama? I've asked you that like 65 times in my life!!

Macy: When are we gonna move to Alabama?!

At this point, Myles and I are beginning to think if he's supposed to look for a job there, or something. The next day, we hear about the AL professor who shot 6 other professors, killing 3.

Macy: Mom, after we go to All-a-bama, my dream will come true!

Macy: Mom, when are you going to take me to Alabama?

Macy: Maybe one day when I grow up, maybe my husband will get a job there (in AL, of course).

Macy: I saw Grammy drivin' down the street in her car, and she was going to Alabama, so I hopped in, and when we were there we got lots of lotions, lots and lots of lotions, some really big ones, too.

Macy: Someday my dream will come true...someday.

3 comments:

Steph said...

My, she's a persistent little thing, isn't she?!

One of my best friends lived in Alabama for a while. She was not impressed, but maybe you shouldn't tell Macy.

A Roper said...

Hahahahaha! I'm cracking up! :)

Deryk and Becky said...

How funny! You all will have to come visit us so you can drive through Alabama :) Violet has been obsessed with wanting to move to San Diego. Her friend gave her a Diego bike, so I guess she figures San Diego is some kind of cartoon land.