Thursday, June 24, 2010

Carly's Last Day as a Kindergartener

Carly's teacher taught the kids sign language all year. For their program, they signed the Pledge of Allegiance and some patriotic songs.

Mrs. Pond got a little emotional when she gave Carly the "most-compassionate-person-I-know" award, "child or adult."

From a very young age, she has always been aware of others and their needs. The other day, when I told the girls we were going to meet a new neighbor, she got out some markers to make a card right away.

She is really growing up. One day, at the end of the day, she came up to me and said, "Sorry, Mom." I said, "For what?" She said, "For being crabby today." I was amazed at her maturity. I'm going to miss this girl when she goes to school ALL day.

1 comment:

Shapiro said...

I agree with Mrs. Pond. I have always been impressed with Carly's great love and selflessness. It will be interesting to see her life unfold as she grows... what lives she will continue to touch and change! Congratulations to all of the "graduates" at the end of the year! :) We were going to come up this week to visit and then changed plans last minute... so sad :(... but sometime this summer we hope to come, we'll see!
Love you guys!~