Saturday, June 12, 2010

Now that June's almost halfway over,

here's the quotable quotes from May!

Macy: Mom, you're always going to be my mommy, even when I grow up and go away. You'll always still feel my spirit. Yeah, then I'll be a mama and my kids will grow up to be parents. I'll have some girls and a boy.

Macy (when passing food at the table): It'll be comin' round the mountain when it comes.

Macy: I'll take this out (her helium balloon) so it doesn't extract you while you're sleeping. (She meant distract).

Macy (When her foot had fallen asleep): I have batteries on my foot!

Carly: How old are you, Mom?
Me: 32.
Carly: Wow, you're really young...compared to Grandma (She's 91).

Macy (Singing a line from Willy Wonka): If you are wise you'll listen to me...If you are wise, you'll listen to yourself!

Carly: What if whenever you licked a sucker, it got bigger instead of smaller and every stripe was a different flavor?

Carly: Do you think they keep celebrating Birthdays in heaven?

Carly: Will we have to brush our teeth after we're resurrected?

Carly (While making her own CD player with a circle paper and a stick from outside): I dreamed that I took my friends' Ds's and then put them in our stockings.
Me: They would be sad!
Carly: No, they'd just think that Santa didn't listen.

Macy's word of the month: ALERT!
As in: 'Scuse me, ALERT! or I need another cookie, ALERT...

Macy's other word of the month: any word with "ita" at the end
As in: Mamita, Carlita, Dadita...

Carly made a remote control and was pointing it at Macy who was acting things out.
Carly: I'm watching this one in 3D.

Carly: Do birds cry?

Carly to me: Did they have cameras when you were born?

Carly: Did Jesus ever cry when he was a baby? Because he was perfect.

Something nice we each said about Myles on his Birthday:
Me: That you're always helpful without being asked.
Macy: That you found a bug (@ work)
Carly: That you like to read books
Robyn: That you never give up

Macy: What do you like best about yourself, Daddy?
Myles: I fooled Mom into marrying me.
Macy: Well, you almost fooled her!

We looked at his baby book and other pictures as part of his celebration. When he turned to the page with his kindergarten class picture, he said: and this is my...
Carly: family?

Macy: I've just been wondering, since cherries aren't in season, how did they get this cherry flavor into this sucker?!

Me: It's almost time for school, and we haven't brushed your hair yet.
Carly: It looks ah-mazing!
(I should've taken a pic. for this one).

Macy: Would you rather smell a rose or eat a mandarin orange?
Carly: Eat a mandarin orange.

Carly: What if everyone was made out of a close pin, and you had googly eyes, and arms made out of pipe cleaners?

Carly: What if Adam and Eve didn't like each other and never got married?

Macy: I'm going to pray for Zach's mom.
Me: Really? Why?
Macy: Because her freezer and fridge weren't working. (The power went out).

I dreamed that a skeletal system had something to do with the answer for Myles at work, and then Macy woke up early, crawled in bed with me, and asked: Do you think the skeleton is happy to be inside our bodies?

Macy: Dad, what if YOU were the ice-cream man?!

Carly (about the Boxcar Children): Sometimes, it's kind of sad when you're really enjoying a book...and then it's over.

2 comments:

Oklahoma Running Mom said...

These quotes are my favorite part of your blog!

camfox said...

Wow. Those were the cutest quotes EVER. I can't even pick a favorite, because they were all so darling, and so funny. Way to go, writing them all down! What sweet, fun kids you have! I loved this!