Thursday, February 24, 2011

Friends for Life

One of the highlights of our trip was definitely meeting such happy, friendly, helpful people! I had the misconceived stereotype that Germans would be a bit serious, perhaps. Someone told me, "They may be more like that in public, sometimes, but once you get to know them, they'll be your friends for life!'

I got to meet one of my best friend's sisters who lives out there. She and her kids were so fun. We also got to meet many Germans, as well as people from all over the world--Russia, France, Spain, Turkey, you name it! It is not uncommon for people to speak at least 3 languages.

Above, I'm standing in front of one of the buildings where we could attend church. I wanted our girls to see how close the train goes right behind it. Some services start a quarter past the hour to align with the train schedule.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SHe looks a bit like Erika, Brian's fiance. Mom