Thursday, May 30, 2013

Meeting the Princess


Ivy was born across the street from a huge palace, also a block away from where we lived for our first 2 months in Germany, making it extra special.  I never would've guessed 2 years ago that we'd be bringing home a new princess from that hospital!  Here we are on our way home from the hospital.  Some people felt sorry for us that we took the train, but then I could stand up instead of sit down, which was more comfortable for me.

I have a few favorite moments in the hospital.  One was right after Ivy was born and the nurses left just me, Myles, and Ivy alone together for a few minutes.  Rain was spattering on the windows.  The sound was so peaceful.  It was the first time I remember thinking rain was beautiful.  My other favorite moment was when the girls came with Myles' mom to take us home, and the girls gathered around her, just adoring her, and helping get her ready.
 

Macy brought a homemade bracelet and card that said, "I love you, Ivy."

Already smiling up at her big sisters.

The girls were pros. at holding her.

Meeting Grammy.
 
When we toured Washington DC, one of the highlights for the girls was the big escalators at the zoo.  I think the automatic bed will be a memory maker, too.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so love reading your family stories :)
Aunt Sue

Anonymous said...

After looking at the photos again I think in the photo where Ivy is on the bed and Robyn is holding her head up she looks like the Christie/Lucy doll. What do you think?
Aunt Sue

camfox said...

Your blog makes me misty-eyed. :)
I am so happy for you. Your baby Ivy is darling, and her big sisters are even cuter. You have such a lovely family. I'm sorry you've had mastitis. Sounds like it's not been the smoothest road, needing to go to hospital a few times before Ivy was born, and then mastitis. But I am impressed with your positive attitude. I think you guys are pretty great. Much love!
-Camille