Sunday, May 5, 2013

My due date


Today--my due date--was a beautiful spring day!  With Robyn, I was naive, thinking that date held some type of promise.  My mom came and went before she decided to be born.  This time around, I'm much more relaxed.  Carly was almost a week late, and Macy was a day early, so I know that anything is possible, regardless of what I think or do.  People like to tell me things like, "Walk a lot."  Frankly, I'd rather be well rested, and I'm happy to have the baby come when he/she is ready.  In a week or so, I might have to step it up, but for now just the busyness of life is keeping me enough on my toes, I think.  I've had contractions off and on for a week now, but they haven't amounted to much yet.  Hopefully, they're doing some good.

Here is a field of Canola close by our house.  I love seeing them when I ride the train to my doctor's appointments, which are every 2 days now.  Yellow is Myles' mom's and my mom's favorite color.  Out of all the onesies in the world, they gave me the same ones with a yellow theme!

Probably our last family of 5 picture.  Will there be one more girl or a boy in the next one?  That is the question!

Blowing wishes with Grammy.  So glad Myles mom could be here with us!

The lilacs are in full force now.
 
 
 
Last night, we had an unexpected trip to the hospital and decided we might as well make it an official date night with some Italian ice cream.  My contractions weren't coming very strongly or too often, but due to a few drops of blood, we decided to be on the safe side and have it checked out.  After a CTG, check, and ultrasound, it was confirmed that all is A-OK.  I had 2 contractions while being monitored and hoped I could just stay, but will have to try again another day.  We weren't grateful to get home at midnight, but were glad we could leave Janell with the girls who were already in bed when we left.  And, of course we are grateful that everything is just fine with me and the babe.  

2 comments:

sarahflib said...

Oh, I LOVE all of those beautiful yellow fields too. So fun to see these family pictures.

Shapiro said...

I love these pictures! Ellie came by c-section a day early (breached) and the doctor said "she was so tight up in there, she wasn't coming out anytime soon." B/c I hadn't fully experienced labor yet I thought the due date was similar w/ Nathan... he was 10 days late! And Isaac was 10 days late as well! But it was a blessing - he came the day before I was scheduled for another c-section. B/c Ellie was a c-section they can't induce me and my body has to start on it's own... it was a long wait and I was walking a lot by the end! But I agree with you in that they come when they are ready! My kids just like to take their time and surprise the world (as well as teach me patience!) It's wonderful to be a mother - Happy Mother's Day Christie! What a special day for you! I will be thinking of you and wish I could come bring you some foot rub and chocolate bon bons as you recover from child birth! You are a blessed mother - one whom I look up to so much! Hugs to you this weekend - please hug all your family for us!