Monday, May 11, 2009

A Mothers' Day to Remember!


The night before, Myles and I tried getting way too much done and went to bed late. As I was finally starting to drift off to sleep, I was shocked right out of LaLa Land with a huge THUD! I catapulted out of bed, hoping it was Carly or Macy who fell out of bed onto the hardwood floor, and not Robyn (who is on the top bunk). To my utter confusion, all 3 girls were sung as a bug on their beds.

"Mmmm, what the heck was that?" I thought, with my heart still racing. (I couldn't ask Myles his opinion. He was sound asleep)!

The next morning, when Myles popped a pan full of orange rolls into the oven for me, the bottom element started shooting sparks everywhere and blew out! He happened to be holding a pen in his mouth, which he dropped with all the excitement. Luckily, it didn't start on fire and neither did he.

As Myles is a man of solutions, he put a stone pan on the top rack, covered the pan of rolls with aluminum foil, and broiled the rolls. It was a different product, but still very yummy!

So, I thought I'd be getting a new oven for Mothers' Day, but Myles reassured me he could fix it.

He and the girls gave me sweet, homemade cards.

I got to talk to the kids at church about how mothers get to bless their families. Macy made a cute cup in her Nursery class filled with candy. When she gave it to me, she said, "I love you, Mom! When you open this, you can give me one or two...or three!"

While I was on the phone, I pushed the coffee table with my feet, which bumped our fish bowl and sloshed water all over the place. I think a few other "funny" things happened, but I can't even remember what!

I loved it that we could take our fam. pic. in front of our first iris blooms!

Oh, when I woke up, I discovered a cantaloupe on the floor across the room from where it had been sitting in a windowsill to ripen. Mystery solved. Although, what makes a cantaloupe move by itself in the middle of the night?!

2 comments:

A Roper said...

Cute family picture! :)

My Mother's Day was also...interesting. I was up with sick kids the night before, stressed about teaching RS, threw up twice (once before church and once after). But somehow I was able to put all that aside and enjoy the day. :) The girls made me cards, Glade bought me roses, and he made me a cheesecake. YUMMY!

Kristin said...

What a great picture of your sweet family!! Glad you had a great day--even with the oven story.