Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Rhino Noses for Sale!

My kids are really into selling things lately. They set up shop on our front porch with signs, cash register and all!

First they tried rhino noses (those propeller things from the trees). They were announcing their wares to passerbys. Most people completely ignored them, and I felt so sad for them. (They were only charging a penny for two)!

When Myles came home from work, I alerted him. They were so excited to finally have their first customer! Although, when Carly came in she said, "Dad, you were our only customer, and you are a relative!"

The next day, they decided to sell painted rocks. They actually got a few takers.

I remember loving to sell things as a kid, too. My best friend and I would make yarn bracelets, etc. One time, I gave her a bunch of my toys to sell at her garage sale. At the time, I was so excited about making money. When my mom found out, she wasn't too happy. I still miss that Snoopy Doll with all the cute outfits. Someone got a really good deal, I'm sure!

3 comments:

The Robins Nest said...

I remember selling things at the neighborhood pool. I really did think that one day I would strike it rich...never did but that's okay. :)

Steph said...

Oh Man! I wish we'd have known there was a rhino nose sale going on. We are definitely in the market.

Rob & Michelle Eberly Family said...

Glad to hear that business is picking up a bit. Tell the girls not to get too down . . .we are in a recession you know. : )