Sunday, May 10, 2009

Top 10 Things My Mother Has Taught Me


10. The love of writing (I think I brought more journals into my marriage than dollars...Here I am blogging...We are still going to write a book together someday, right Mom?!)

9. The love of reading

8. Get the good deals. Never buy anything that's not on sale! (And, when you go home, it's show-n-tell time. Have everyone guess the original price and what you paid).

7. Write thank you notes. (Homemade are best)!

6. Don't make excuses. If you want it, go get it!

5. Keep your promises.

4. Be creative

3. Be assertive

2. Make the most of your vacations.

1. Love your kids!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

I love this list. It's nice to have a day to reflect on all the good our mothers have done for us. Thanks for sharing!

Rob & Michelle Eberly Family said...

Very sweet!

Steph said...

Your mom sounds great. She has to be, to have raised a daughter like you.

MOM said...

Christie,
I was pleasantly surprised to read this on your blog. Thanks fr being such a thoughtful daughter!
Love,
MOM

MOM said...

Christie,
I was pleasantly surprised to read this on your blog. Thanks for being such a thoughtful daughter!
Love,
MOM