Thursday, February 4, 2010

Kid Magnet


25 lbs of beans=25 hours of fun!

As you can see, my kids "live" in this bean box. They pour, sift, and "cook" these beans for hours at a time. It was a big hit with Macy's preschool gang, too. I overheard one of the kids exclaim, "This is the funnest thing, ever!" Thanks, Mom, for letting us borrow it. I think we'll be needing to make our own soon!

When I was a kid, I remember my mom letting us do this with rice...until the day she found it ALL over the basement. I think beans are easier to clean up. Our rule is "The beans stay off the floor." If I have to clean them up, they can't play with them again until the next day. This system works well.

At Carly's preschool last year, they had a water table filled with flour the kids could play with. I was glad she got to do something so cool at school. Once it's warm enough, I think a sand/water table would be fun outside.

No comments: