Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Camp Grammy 2010

I was so happy to finally pull into Camp Grammy at the Tim's River that I had to hold back the tears! Seriously.

Traditions we kept alive:

Swimming everyday possible
Starved Rock
Ruffner Party
Ping Pong
Camp Craft (hair clips and puppets this year)
Swimming with Maryn and Avery
S'mores over the grill
Jukebox party
Mouse Trap
Mary Poppins (with popcorn, of course)
Playing on the driveway
Having fashion shows with good deals from Gram
Big spider sightings
Frogs in the pool
Lightning Bugs
Pizza with Allen

New Memories/Traditions:

visiting our old schools, parks
feeling Robins Jr. kick
Aunt Jeanne's blueberry pie
Rita getting in the pool with the girls and being Macy's nurse
"Sleeping" down on the deck by the river
Toy Story 3 in 3D
DC shirts from Mike
Macy and Carly learning to jump in and swim across the pool
Sparklers for Camp Grammy Closing Ceremonies

Funniest Moment of Camp Grammy 2010:

Tyler thinking Mike was his dad. (My brothers are identical twins). When Tom took off his glasses in the pool, Tyler reached out his arm to Mike and cried, "Dad, Dad, Dad!" When they stood by each other and Emily asked who was his dad, he said, "Two."

I was sorry I didn't get more pics. of the Ruffner party. We're so glad for everyone who drove down, and really missed everyone who couldn't make it this year! (I'm still in denial that you've really moved, Tom and Sue).



1 comment:

The Robins Nest said...

I LOVE all your pictures! I also love that we got to have such a fun time together. Thanks for making the trek out.