Monday, July 12, 2010

Half Way?!


The other night, when I woke up and couldn't fall back asleep, I suddenly had the thought: Robyn is almost nine. That means she's halfway to being grown up and moving out of the house. Really? No, way! This couldn't be true. I started to panic and then feel oh so sad...

Take note of her "cell phone" on the table. She and Carly pretend to send each other texts. I wonder what she'll be sending by the time she's in college. (E-mail hadn't quite caught on yet, when I was a freshman).

I took her for a consultation with an orthodontist the other day. He said to bring her back in a year. At least we don't have to worry about that yet.

She wanted me to take this pic. to show off her wavy hair after taking out her french braid. She's writing one of her many thank you notes, a tradition passed on to me by my mom.

I'm so glad she's in our family. I'm glad I'll always be her mom no matter how old she may be!

No comments: