Monday, September 6, 2010

Ahh, so many fun summer memories!

The day at the beach with my kids and nieces and nephews reminded me of when I used to go to Wilmington with my brothers, cousins, aunts, and uncles. All you need is some sand and water and kids are content for a long, long time!

I'm not sure if we ate enough Oreos, pie, homemade Smart Cookies, cobbler, ice-cream cones, German cake with broiled frosting... In general, there was always a worry of a lack of food at these reunions. Ha, ha. I think Costco was very grateful for our gatherings!

It was so nice to just hang out, play games, and enjoy each other with Tom and Sue, and everyone at the reunions.

Robyn had fun learning to play Nertz and celebrating her B-day and Granddad's with everyone.

We had fun playing hockey, the killer frog game, and ultimate frisbee, having sing-alongs with the guitar, going hiking, and just being together!

The comedy night with the siblings and mom and dad was fun, too.

Even though the kids have been back in school for a few weeks now, I'm still in denial that summer is really over. But, as I look up at the mountains and can start seeing the oranges and yellows trickling down, I'm trying to embrace the joys fall will bring.

No comments: