Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Power of Prayer

Last Saturday, when I was driving home from the library with the girls, a car turned right in front of us to enter an apartment parking lot. I had to slam on the brakes. Books went flying. I was amazed. Amazed that the driver didn't seem to see us at all, amazed that we were fine.

I was even more amazed when Myles told us that while he was at work that afternoon, out of the blue, he felt like he should pray for us, and so he did.

The next day at church, Carly shared our experience in her talk with the Primary children. We'd talked all month about the miracles Jesus performed while he was on the earth and concluded with the theme, "When I have faith, I recognize miracles in my family today." We really are blessed with miracles almost every day, whether we always recognize them or not.

Do you have any you'd like to share?

5 comments:

amy stansel said...

that's a great story. Thanks for sharing. I think you are right - we have little miracles happen so often but I dont'think we are always good to recognize them as miracles. That is a very sweet and touching story you shared. Makes me want to be more aware of the ways I am blessed each day!!

scrumdiddillyumptious said...

That is the theme i needed to hear. The one story that sticks out to me is back 6 years ago, i felt inspired to not go home. i ignored and headed home when the thought came again. i decieded what could it hurt if i listened? Well later when i returned home it was discovered that we were robbed. i can only imagine if i did not listen. Miss you guys! Thanks for all your thoghts.

Jacki said...

Thanks for sharing. For awhile at the end of each day I reflected on the day and when I had felt the Spirit. It was amazing to me how many things I could think of each day that happened and at the time I didn't even realize. I need to start doing that again. I felt so loved and cared for when I recognized the small (but important to me) things the Spirit helped me with.

doodlebug said...

So I was looking at your blog today and noticed that one of your comments was from a Jacki....she was one of my teachers years ago at BYU.....just trying to figure out how you all know each other.... What a small world this really is. Thanks for the reminder about miracles!

Ann said...

You have a good man. So glad you were kept safe.