Saturday, April 30, 2011

Fun Hair Day

During General Conference weekend, where we get to listen to our Church leaders on the TV or Internet, the girls had fun doing hair.

Some of you may have heard of The Mormon Tabernacle Choir. I was surprised when Carly asked me, "Do they practice at all?" I said, "Well, yeah, I think they probably practice a lot." She said, "Then how come they need the words?"

With so much going on in our world today, I appreciate our leaders' hope and optimism.

"Obedience provides protection from spiritual and physical danger...There are angels round about to bear us up...Though the storm clouds will come, the Lord will sustain us" (Elder Russell M. Nelson).

"Fear not. The future is as bright as your faith" (Elder Nelson quoting Pres. Thomas S. Monson).

"God knows us and watches over us, but it's often through others that he answers our prayers" (Pres. Dieter F. Uchtdorf).

"The only way to see the views is to make the climb. The challenges of labor proceed the miracles of birth...Angels will attend us" (Elder Johnson).

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid" (St. John 14:27).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I've never have seen Robyn's hair that curly! I wonder what you mom's hair looked like when it came out of those braids.
Love,
Gram

Janell said...

Thanks for your conference quotes. We're still waiting for our conference Liahonas. It is just different in English than in Spanish.