Friday, April 15, 2011

My Family by Carly


I would like you to meet my family. I will tell you their names. My mom's name is Christie. My dad's name is Myles. My sister's name is Robyn. My other sister's name is Macy. We like to play together. We like to play games together too. We like to swim together too. We love to sled. We play Mathue Marck Luke and Jon. You slap your nees 2 times. And clap your hands 1. You put your hands back and do it agen.

We run and run. It is fun fun fun!!!

We love songs. We like playing the pianoe. We sing a ton and go to the store. We play sockher. We have family home evening. And we will have a treet. We read a book or two. And we go brush our teeth. We say goodnite and get our P.J. on. We hug and kiss. We go to our room slip into bed. Our mom says sweet jreems. We go to sleep. We dreem about going to school!

We wake up and eat breckfix. We go to school. And write! We go to reses. We go to lunch. We go to PE. And we go to the Mouzick room. We play with our friends.

My dad pix me up from school. We drive home. We eat diner and play a game. I brush my teeth. I get my P.J. on. And get into bed. I dreme about school! I wake up and get drest. And I eat brixfast. And I clime into the car. And it goes over and over again.

I love my family.

Carly's story was so long that I told her we could preserve it this way, by taking a pic. and typing it out. I love that she loves to write. (What can I say? I'm biased. I remember writing my first "real" story, "The Pet I Want" in first grade, just like her). At parent teacher conferences, her teacher said it's a shame they don't give points for "voice" because she already has a great one.

2 comments:

Shapiro said...

That voice runs in the family! :)
I was very similar at that age... I wrote a 60 page book in 1st grade and from the start wanted to be a teacher and an author... I'd dream of my own office where I'd have a typewriter on one side of my desk and a file cabinet on the other! :) Pretty fun to come up with great literature and share it!!
You should scan some of that story in the computer so she can look back at her sweet writing behind that voice from when she was 7.
My mom pulled out some of the books that I wrote when I was young and that is really fun to see. I've got to do the same thing to preserve them before they start falling apart. Such a sweet girl! :) We love our Watson Writers and word worms and story sisters! :)

Anonymous said...

Carly,
Your story is longer than you. It must be a tall tale!It's so good to read how much you love your family.
I love them too!
Gram