Thursday, September 3, 2009

Macy's First Day

Macy: Mom, I like you.
Me: I love you, too.
Macy: No, Mom. I said, 'I LIKE you!'

Macy: Mom, I love you. I want you to remember that, to always remember that EVERY day."


The gang: Caleb, Zach, Maille, Zoe, Macy

Myles (this morning): Macy, did you do your job?
Macy: No, because I'm sick.
Myles: Then why did you set the table?
Macy: I'm just starting to feel a cold coming on.
Myles: Really? I thought today was your first day of preschool.
Macy: Oh, I just changed my mind. I'm not sick anymore!

Macy's much-anticipated first day of preschool finally arrived! She strapped on her backpack and said, "Mom, take my picture by the plum tree." (The other girls had their pics. taken on their first day of school outside).

Then she was excited to hop on her scooter (like the other girls) and ride to her school (at the end of the block).

I thought it was pretty funny that we both happened to pick out the same outfit for ourselves!

3 comments:

Oklahoma Running Mom said...

This is the first year ever that I didn't have a first day of school so I'll have to live my school days through the girls. Hope everyone is having fun!!

Britney said...

I can't believe she's already so big and grown up. She looks so much older in these pictures! I love that she changed her mind to not be sick... hee hee!

Rob & Michelle Eberly Family said...

What a funny little girl!