Tuesday, September 8, 2009

What Would You Do?

So, you know the end of The Cat in the Hat when it asks, "What would you do if your mother asked you?" Well, now that you are the mother, or the adult, what would you do if:

1. You came home from grocery shopping to find the toilet seat up...and your husband is at work...and you have no sons?

2. You locked your keys in the car at McDonalds on the way home from ID during the Labor Day weekend?

3. Your daughter forgot to give you the memo that the peppers from your friend were hot peppers, not banana peppers, and you popped one in your mouth, seeds and all?

4. You heard a huge thud in the night?

5. Your whole family showed up for dinner at your friends' house and you realized they weren't expecting you?

5 comments:

Britney said...

Well then,...those are all very interesting questions...

I had a good laugh at your expense I'm afraid -- especially about the toilet seat up. hee hee

Heidi said...

Ha! Ha! I guess the only thing you can do is laugh... and then blog about it! :)

Thanks for making me smile! But I am curious about the toilet seat :)

Christie said...

So, all 5 of these have happened to me.

1. First, my heart skipped a beat. I considered searching my house for some hidden man until one of my daughters finally admitted that she had done it. I wasn't sure why she did. I was just glad she admitted it.

2. After waiting for AAA to rescue us for almost 2 hours, Myles ripped out the screen of a little sliding window in the back and then hoisted Macy in, who promptly unlocked it for us. Of course, just 2 min. after we drove off, the locksmith called and asked us where we were.

3. I quickly learned that neither water, no matter how much, nor chewing gum does any good. The trick? Milk and bread. Good to know.

4. The first time, I thought for sure someone was in our kitchen. Turns out, one of the girls was kicking the wall in her sleep. The second time, I thought someone had fallen off their bed. The next morning, I discovered a cantaloupe on the floor that had rolled off the window sill in the middle of the night.

5. First, we all laughed, which was good. (Somehow we got the dates confused). It was their daughter's turn to make dinner that night, and we all pitched in! (Luckily, we had at least brought something to share)!

What unexpected thing has happened to you and what did you do to solve it?

stacyross said...

We're used to hearing thuds in the night at our house - with two cats who think midnight is the perfect time for play, it's become pretty routine. Heaven help us if there ever is an actual intruder because we'll totally ignore him!

These all made me laugh, especially #5 - I could see myself doing that one by accident!

stacyross said...
This comment has been removed by the author.