Monday, September 28, 2009

Robyn's Special Day

Top 10 Reasons it's Great to be 8

10. You don't have to ride in a booster seat anymore.
9. You still have some good Tooth Fairy money coming and don't have to wear braces yet.
8. You're not so elementary at elementary school anymore.
7. You got to decorate your own cake.
6. You get to go to Activity Days.
5. You don't have to unload the dishes from the dishwasher anymore.
4. You're still the oldest child.
3. Your'e one year closer to being ready to babysit.
2. You can do your own hair and can start signing your name in cursive, for reals.
1. You can be baptized!




I am a child of God.
I know Heavenly Father loves me and I love Him.
I can pray to Heavenly Father anytime, anywhere.
I am trying to remember and follow Jesus Christ.

My Baptismal Covenant:
When I am baptized, I make a covenant to take upon me the name of Jesus Christ, to serve Him and be obedient.
Heavenly Father has given me the Holy Ghost.
Through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, I can be forgiven of my sins when I repent.
If I keep my baptismal covenant, I can return to live with Him.

Robyn's Thoughts:
Today I had my baptism. I felt happy, peaceful, and warm.

My Thoughts:

Robyn was so happy! I'm glad we could celebrate this special day with so many friends and so much family. I know she is a daughter of God who is on the right path to returning to Him someday. I am grateful for her being such a wonderful big sister and daughter, and for Myles being such a wonderful husband and father.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

What a great day it is when you get to see your children baptized! Congratulations to Robyn!

Oh & I think #3 on the list should also be on your reasons it's great to have an eight year old! :)

A Roper said...

OH---so precious!!! Congratulations, Robyn!!!

Oklahoma Running Mom said...

I wish I could have been there. Congrats Robyn!

Rob & Michelle Eberly Family said...

She is so cute. Congrats Robyn. I can't believe how time flies.