Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Fall Cookin' (and Eatin')

Fall just wouldn't be fall without Myles' homemade chicken noodle soup (and homemade bread) and Mom's yummy pumpkin bread!

When we were still dating, I made chicken noodle soup with Myles and his Grandma at his aunt's house. I remember thinking, "I didn't know you could make the noodles!" Shortly after, my room-mates recruited him to show them how to make them, too. It was pretty fun having Chef Myles teach all us girls. We told him his mama would be proud!

As a kid, I remember getting to lick the beaters and bowls as the best part of helping! I think my kids feel the same way. They know if they stick around long enough, the reward will come. (As a kid, licking the bowl meant having to wash it,too, but that was usually worth it).


1 comment:

Oklahoma Running Mom said...

Mmmmm...pumpkin bread. Can I come over and have some? :)