Monday, October 12, 2009

I Wanna Go, Too!


A few weeks ago, Myles and I thought we'd have a date on campus, but when the girls heard we'd be listening to the Prophet speak, they said, "I wanna go, too!"

Myles' mom got to join us, too, which was fun. The girls were very well behaved, especially considering that we arrived pretty early to get a seat. They understood it as a special occasion. When I pulled out my journal to take notes, they were sad they didn't bring theirs. They were sure to record their thoughts and pictures at home.

Macy had me write: President Monson has pants, clothes, shirt, and LOTS of church stuff. He spoke when we were there with Grammy.

Carly: This is President Monson and all the people. He told us how President Hinckley waved his cane around.

President Thomas S. Monson's talk, Principles from Prophets, included his personal experiences with past prophets, and was really neat! There were some pretty funny stories, great advice to live by, and little things I never knew about these great examples.

Last weekend, we got to listen to General Conference as a family @ home after eating our traditional breakfast of waffles and berries. I'm so grateful for a prophet and 12 Apostles who are here to guide us and inspire us today! I can feel my Heavenly Father's love for me through them.

Here are some of Robyn's notes:

"The Holy Ghost will guide you. Listen to the Holy Ghost. Let him teach you. He can help you" (Richard G. Scott).

"Read the scriptures every single day. The Holy Ghost will dwell in your heart" (Vicky Matsumori).

"My Primary leader said I needed to give a talk. No! I will help you. I gave that talk. She saved my life. Jesus is the Christ" (Russell Osgourthorpe)

"Express love and show it. When you say I love you, mean it. Say it, and really mean it. If ye love me, keep my commandments. Bear testimony to the ones you love. Bear it, mean it, and, most importantly, live it. Be consistent. 'He's breathing my air! Make him stop looking at me! He's touching me!'" (David A. Bednar)

"How do we become true disciples of Christ? If ye love me, keep my commandments. God loves us completely. He will answer you, if you pray to him. He knows your desires. Let us be known as people that love God with all heart" (President Uchtdorf).

"Our greatest gift is eternal life" (Zeballos).

"For God so loved the world, he gave his only begotten son. God still speaks to man today. He loves us" (Callister).

"Jesus lives" (Kent D. Watson).

"This is his work. Repent and I will receive you" (Neil L. Anderson).

"The Spirit comes after baptism" (Boyd K. Packer).

"Become like the Savior. Honor thy father and thy mother that thy days may be long upon the land. Our Father lives and loves us. Joseph Smith was a prophet" (President Eyring).

"We may be disappointed when we don't get what we want. It is always possible to get back on the right path. Keep the commandments. I'm President Monson's daughter" (Ann M. Dibb).

"God blesses you if you fall. Follow Him" (Russell M. Nelson).

"Those who only live for themselves shrivel up. We need to serve others in need, not think that someone else is going to help. Lots of Primary kids gave me lots of cards. We can help people. The cards were about children who did service for somebody else. Ye have done it unto the least of these, ye have done it unto me. Have we helped the sad and made someone feel glad? Well done, a good and faithful servant" (President Monson).

"Do not let anything trouble you. Children who are not taught will not live up righteously" (Quentin L. Cook).

"A new heart will be placed in you. We must identify Satan. I pray we will enjoy fully to the end" (Dale Renlund).

"Nephi, son of Lehi, was an example. I will go and do. No wonder we are taught to bring up our children in love" (Michael Ringwood).

"We are men that were true, trusted, and not afraid of death" (D. Todd Cristofferson).

"We express gratitude to everybody that came. My brothers and sisters, he has prepared us for the floods. Leave the Conference better than you were before. Remember me, the Apostles, and the Seventy. Thank you" (President Monson).

1 comment:

Ann said...

Wow. You are a good mamma.