Thursday, February 19, 2009

Fancy Nancy and Mr. Branson Would Be Proud!

Here's Teacher Gram giving writing lessons moments before her departure to the airport. Robyn's really excited about learning "fancy" cursive writing, and Carly's working on her printing.

Me (after opening the girls' bedroom door when they had a friend over to play): Why is it so dark in here? Are you pretending it's night time?
Robyn: It's before Benjamin Franklin time, Mom! The lightbulb hasn't been invented yet, and all of our candles went out!

Nothing like playing house in a historical setting!

Not only is Mr. Branson big into history, he's really into geography, too. I was amazed how much he packed into the last 10 minutes of a day after a party when I was there. These kids know more geography trivia than me!

(One time at the dinner table) Myles: He's going to Spain.
Robyn: Cool! He'll get to visit Portugal while he's there!

Macy (while holding the globe): Antartica's on the bottom. That's what Robyn taught me.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Deryk and Becky said...

I am impressed with how much they remember! I especially love the "before Benjamin Franklin" comment!

Britney said...

So funny..."before Benjamin Franklin." hee hee

It sounds like you had a great time with your mom in town.

I love that her teacher is so into geography and history. He sounds like a great teacher.