Friday, February 20, 2009

The Terrific Twos!

We often talk about The Terrible Twos. I have to admit that my two year old stretches my patience to its outer limits sometimes, but so do people who are many twos older than two! There are so many wonderful qualities of my two year old that I thought I'd capture them, as three is just around the corner.

My Two Year Old is Terrific Because She's...

10. Honest
Me: Who made this big mess?!
Macy: Me!


9. Giving
Always saves any treat she gets to share with Robyn when she gets home from school.

8. Forgiving

7. Observant
Macy: Mom, why are there only 2 sinks if there's 3 bathrooms (stalls)?

At the end of a party, we found a sippy cup. Only Macy knew the rightful owner!

6. Creative

5. Helpful
It's SO exciting for her to pour a scoop of laundry detergent into the "wetter" for me, put Robyn and Carly's "special deliveries" (clean clothes) away, or crack eggs in the kitchen with Myles. She also likes to make Myles' lunch for him while he's getting ready for work. He's had some fun surprises!

4. Original
Me: What are your babies' names?
Macy: Fluffy and Bird

3. Loving
Tells us she loves us all the time!

2. Hilarious
Me: Eat your egg, Macy
Macy: I don't want to. I'm going to put you in jail and that's your room and not let you out!
Me: Oh, good. I'd love to stay in jail and read a book all day.
Macy: Well, I'll let you out if you want to go to the mall.

Macy's 6:30 AM wake-up call: Mom, is it time for YOUR potty break?!!

1. Well Read
This girl's able to call upon her favorite authors, especially in desperate times of need, like when being held captive on Myles' lap during church.
Macy: 'Put me down!' said the fish. 'This is my wish!' (repeated every few minutes).

Macy: (While I was cleaning out under the couch) Mother Bear, Mother Bear, what do you see? I see a big hairball looking at me!

Her new nickname for me after reading The Three Bears: Oldilocks

2 comments:

Deryk and Becky said...

How adorable! It sure is amazing how smart a 2 year old can be. I especially love it when they change the words to familiar songs/books :)

Britney said...

She is such a character!!!