Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My Girls "Lite" up my Life!


I was brought back to the '80s doing Lite Brite with them. I remember my brothers and I spelling "welcome" with our Lite Brites and turning on a Neil Diamond record on our Fisher Price record player to welcome our aunt and uncle who came to visit from out of state.

This is an updated version they got for Christmas. It has a nifty drawer for storing all the little "crayons," as my girls call them, and turns off automatically after 5 min.

While doing Lite Brite as an adult, I realized what a great opportunity it gives kids to practice their fine-motor skills in a fun way.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

When I was little I always wanted a lite brite. Your girls are lucky! So fun!

Janell said...

I have one at school but haven't gotten it out. Guess I ought to!
Love,
Mom