Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Grin and Bear It!



I thought once Robyn's high fever was gone, we were in the clear! No such luck. More high fevers, pink eye, diarrhea, and croup. The girls cried when they had to stay home from church, but enjoyed kickin' back with their daddy, making Play dough finger puppets, etc.

I am sorry for sleepless nights and living in isolation, but I am thankful for kind nurses and doctors, freeze pops, medicine, humidifiers, health insurance, and that my kids will get better. I was humbled by a story I read in the newspaper about a girl who was born with cerebral palsy and is now having to go through chemo for leukemia.

Carly's preschool class is studying about docs. and took a field trip to the Health Center. Many of the kids in her class are worried about getting shots for kindergarten, but Carly told me how we're lucky to get shots. One of the nurses told them the story about a boy who was begging to get a shot so he wouldn't get sick or die like a lot of other people in his village.

I'm grateful for the smiles my kids put on my face, even when they're sick.

Macy (while breathing like Darth Vader and living on the BRAT diet): Oh, Mom, come look at these clouds! They're beautiful!

Macy (in the car): One day, I will be the driver and my kids will sit there, there and there.
Me: How many kids do you think you will have?
Macy: 3
Me: Like me. I have Robyn, Carly, and you.
Macy: And Daddy!
Me: You think Dad is one of my kids?
Macy: Yeah.

Macy: When I'm a mom, I'm gonna make my kids waffles and if they eat 'em all up, I'll make 'em more, and then I'll wash their hands and face!

Macy: I wanna sing you the pizza song. Pizza, pizza, make a pizza, get yourself a pizza paper (piece of paper)!

Here are some jokes Carly learned at school and shared with us:

Why can't Cinderella play soccer very well?
Because her coach is a pumpkin!

How come bananas are never lonely?
Because they always hang in bunches.

Where does the vampire bat keep his money?
In a blood bank!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

UGH! I am sorry you have been so sick! I hope that things are on the mend and that you can come to book club! Get well soon Watsons!

Ann said...

Yuck. Hang in there. Maybe you'll all be better by the time the sun comes out.

Britney said...

I'm sorry they've been so sick. That is not fun! It looks though like life for them is still pretty fun! I hope everyone returns to good health shortly and that you can survive all in one piece!!